Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for an Administrative Specialist IV to provide support to the W80-4 Program Office and management team. Under minimal supervision, will perform a full range of advanced and complex secretarial and administrative assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and conflicting priorities, which require independent judgment and follow through. Will identify and resolve complex and sensitive issues both classified and unclassified in nature, and be a resource to interpret policy. Assignment will involve work of a sensitive and often complex nature, requiring a high degree of flexibility, discretion, diplomacy, and mature judgment. This position will directly report to the W80-4 Program Administrator in WCI.
- Represent management and serve as a resource in day-to-day administrative matters to all levels of management, both internal and external to the Laboratory, and respond on their behalf to gather, clarify and disseminate information and coordinate activities.
- Manage complex calendars; independently determine scheduling priorities, committing and managing time, and coordinating and scheduling of multiple attendees.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate complex technical meetings and video-teleconferences, with high-level management, classified and unclassified content, internal and external to LLNL.
- Arrange complex domestic and foreign travel, and transfer security clearances.
- Prepare and/or compose administrative material of a sensitive nature for management's signature.
- Coordinate, select, and compile data from multiple sources for both classified and unclassified correspondence, complex reports and presentations.
- Serve as a resource and interpret institutional, directorate and division organizational policies and procedures.
- Coordinate external visits, including verification of security clearances, preparation of agenda, badging, and information dissemination. Custodian for the Program’s vault type room (VTR). Serve as an administrative team member, and assist with special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced secretarial and administrative experience, with accurate keyboarding, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational skills and experience working under minimal supervision, in a multitask environment of rapidly changing priorities, deadlines, and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with a diverse workforce and represent the Division and Program with all levels of management, internal and external to LLNL.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and flexible, exercising a high degree of discretion and mature judgment in handling business sensitive and/or classified information, as well as personnel interactions.
- Experience arranging complex domestic and foreign travel.
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills and experience with applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, Entrust, Adobe Acrobat, and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience working effectively as a team member as well as independently.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of LLNL policies and procedures.
- Experience working in a technical program.
- Experience working with sensitive and classified information.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Active DOE Q clearance required at time of hire. (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.