Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Facility Manager II. You will provide highly advanced technical and administrative direction of LLNL facility activities and be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of on-site offices, shops, and scientific and research laboratories for the NIF/PS Principle Directorate. You will be responsible for implementing work control in your assigned facilities, managing facility modifications, and maintaining facility safety documentation. This position is in the Facilities Management & Systems Planning Division (FMSPD) of the Central Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Ensure facility systems function and special facility and plant equipment, including the facility heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical systems, fire protection systems, and alarm systems function reliably.
- Maintain awareness of current and future critical tenant facility infrastructure needs. Anticipate facility infrastructure risks and create and implement plans to mitigate the risks.
- Develop, champion, and manage complex facility repair and modification projects and report progress to senior management.
- Analyze complex data to develop, review, and implement procedures and plans including safety basis documentation, change control forms, Facility Safety Plans, Work Control Documents, roof access plans, and facility project plans.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to ensure that chemical and radioactive materials inventories remain within facility authorization limits and are consistent with ES&H Manual and Laboratory requirements.
- Direct and evaluate complex technical, infrastructure, or facilities projects and concur on and release all work conducted in the facility to ensure the work is within the facility safety basis, that work conflicts are avoided, and hazards to occupants or to the facility are identified and controlled.
- Lead regular self-assessment inspections and walkthroughs, managing facility related deficiencies and issues to closure, report and/or take action on results, identify problems, plan projects to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Provide daily direction to facility coordinators, material handlers, and craft personnel to complete facility related activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate technology or an equivalent combination of education and extensive experience in a relevant engineering or technology field.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation and maintenance of HVAC, architectural, and facility utility systems found in office, shop, and laboratory facilities.
- Extensive experience in facility management, facility maintenance, or facility operations and advanced level knowledge of interactions and interdependence of facility related systems and Program operations/equipment.
- Extensive experience working independently as well leading teams to accomplish strategic goals.
- Advanced knowledge of ES&H policies and procedures as they apply to office, shop, and specialized hazardous facilities.
- Experience using Mac or PC computer operating systems and related software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills necessary to interact effectively with co-workers, facility tenants, managers, and service providers.
- Facilities Management Certification from an accredited university or industry recognized association such as International Facility Management Association (IFMA) or Building Owners and Managers Institute (BOMI).
- Advanced project management skills.
- High level knowledge of work control practices at LLNL.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: Relisted position. Originally listed on 8/11/2016. Previous candidates need not reapply. This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidioidomycosis).
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.5 billion, employing approximately 6,000 employees.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles southwest of downtown Tracy and 15 miles southeast of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.